Position: Attendance/PEIMS Coordinator
Reports to: Superintendent
Location: District Office
Hours: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
FLSA Status: Exempt
Days Worked: 226
ATTENDANCE COORDINATOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in collecting, sorting, compiling, entering, and publishing the daily absentee report for the district
- Responsible for the accuracy and completeness of the district’s attendance records
- Compile information for preparing various reports
- Organize and maintain all correspondence, records, and other department data in an easily retrievable fashion
- Work closely with the campus administrators on reducing the absenteeism rate at their campus
- Maintain and ensure confidentiality of information
- Keep informed of and comply with state, federal, and district policies and regulations
- Perform other duties as assigned.
PEIMS COORDINATOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate the collection, integration, and formatting of all data required for PEIMS submission according to PEIMS Data Standards.
- Work cooperatively with campus, business office, and human resources staff to collect, organize, and format data required for submission of district PEIMS data in a timely manner.
- Run edits, reports, and verification checks on data to ensure accuracy of information.
- Distribute edits and reports to appropriate staff for analysis, verification, and correction.
- Submit complete and accurate PEIMS data in Texas Education Agency (TEA) prescribed format to education service center (ESC) for processing using a computer terminal or personal computer.
- Verify data submitted to TEA and submit corrections in a timely manner.
- Maintain student management system parameters for the district. Training and Technical Support
- Provide training and support to campuses and to business and human resources staff responsible for processing PEIMS data.
- Provide onsite support for new personnel.
- Receive PEIMS-related information from ESC and TEA, and disseminate to other staff in a timely manner, including updates to PEIMS Data Standards.
- Attend all regional PEIMS workshops and disseminate information to appropriate staff as assigned by the PEIMS coordinator
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State board of Education rule, and local Board policy.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required.
- Other duties as are assigned
- HS Diploma, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Ability to use personal computer and software to develop and organize information in spreadsheets and word processing.
- Proficient typing, keyboarding, file maintenance, and 10-key skills
- Ability to meet established deadlines
- Two years’ data entry experience
COMPENSATION AND DEVELOPMENT
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Benefits
- TRS Benefits
- Performance Bonuses
- Annual evaluations of teaching performance are performed by Manara Academy’s Director of Education and Principal of the school.
This job description has been reviewed with me and I fully understand the requirements. I am able to perform the essential functions of this job.
Employee’s Signature: Date: _________________
Supervisor/Witness: Date: _________________
Manara Academy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Manara Academy complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.