Position: Fund Development Associate
Reports to: Superintendent
Location: District Office
Hours: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
FLSA Status: Exempt
Days Worked: 226
The Fund Development Associate will be responsible for planning, implementing and coordinating designated fundraising event activities throughout the year. The Fund Development Coordinator will work under the supervision of the Superintendent and in coordination. This is a 0.5 FTE position, about 20hrs/week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- To develop and implement a fundraising plan for Manara Academy which will assist with achieving the goals for sustainable funding, the development of projects, and delivery of core operations;
- To work in partnership with the Superintendent and other members of staff to achieve the organizations aims and ensure stability and longevity is in place for Manara Academy;
- To acquire and develop a strong fundraising portfolio
- To identify and develop suitable fundraising opportunities, new projects and funds;
- To cultivate and nurture successful and productive relationships with current and potential corporate/foundation sponsors and individual donors;
- To accurately monitor fundraising progress and produce quality reports for internal and external parties when required;
- To write compelling grant proposals and bids to corporate, foundation and government funders;
- To expand the Manara Academy’s network through the development of new and beneficial relationships;
- To contribute to Manara Academy’s promotional articles and publications to raise awareness of Manara Academy;
- To contribute to the Manara Academy’s communication strategy (in relation to fundraising) as required;
- To represent and be the ‘face’ of Manara Academy to the corporate world;
- To attend and participate in necessary meetings
- To network effectively and ensure Manara Academy is maximizing opportunities for funding and development at all times;
- To maintain organized and efficient records of all activities and contacts;
- To maintain an up to date awareness of Manara Academy’s activities so that fundraising activities are appropriate and informed correctly
- Perform other duties as required
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in fund development/marketing/public relations
- Some college preferred
- Possess excellent communication skills (oral & written), listening skills and ability to be
- Open to/welcoming of constructive criticism and group feedback
- Ease of confidence with wide range of groups: businesses, media, staff, Board of
- Directors, donors, vendors, representatives of funding sources
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to details while still maintaining an
- accurate view of the big picture/overall goal
- Must have experience and skill set in the use of software programs such as MS Word,
- Excel, Access, Power Point and Publisher.
- Charter School experience
- High level oral and written communication skills, including public speaking and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse community, Board of Directors and staff.
COMPENSATION AND DEVELOPMENT
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Benefits
- TRS Benefits
- Performance Bonuses
- Annual evaluations of performance are performed by Director of Education.
This job description has been reviewed with me and I fully understand the requirements. I am able to perform the essential functions of this job.
Employee’s Signature: Date: _________________
Supervisor/Witness: Date: _________________
Manara Academy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Manara Academy complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.