Position: Instructional Coach – Elementary
Reports to: Director of Education
Location: District Office
Hours: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
FLSA Status: Exempt
Days Worked: 226
The Instructional Coach will work as a colleague with classroom teachers to support student learning. The Instructional Coach will focus on individual and group professional development that will expand and refine the understanding about researched-base effective instruction. In order to meet this purpose, the Instructional Coach will provide personalized support that is based on the goals and identified needs of individual teachers
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a content specialist to assist in the development and implementation of campus instructional plans that align to district goals and curriculum.
- Work with content coordinator and campus administration to design and provide professional development focused on improving alignment and delivery of the written, taught and tested curriculum to increase student success and close performance gaps.
- Work with teachers and campus administration to analyze student data, diagnose instructional needs and identify research-based instructional strategies to close achievement gaps.
- Provide job-embedded professional development for teachers through modeling engaging, standards-based teaching as needed.
- Collaborate with content coordinator, campus administration, and teachers to review and develop aligned curriculum components including assessments.
- Provide individual and/or group instructional coaching and mentoring to teachers to improve classroom instruction for all learners.
- Conduct teacher observations and/or walk-throughs and provide feedback that facilitates teacher reflection and growth.
- Work with content coordinators, campus administration, and team and/or grade level teachers in planning standards-based lessons and assessments aligned to the district curriculum.
- Manage and distribute instructional resources to teachers and provide training on the use of those resources.
- Encourage and support the implementation of technology and innovative strategies in the classroom.
- Attend PLC meetings and provide guidance
- Attend district level training and provide campus level professional development in district initiatives.
- Provide ongoing feedback to campus administration to be used in the teacher evaluation process. Assist with the campus strategic plan and formulation of the CIP.
- Assist in the development, monitoring and implementation of teacher intervention plans.
- Assist with the implementation and monitoring of campus and district initiatives.
- Assist in the collection, analysis and response to campus data.
- Attend campus and district meetings/trainings as assigned.
- Serve as a member of the campus leadership team.
- The ability to work effectively with adult learners
- The ability to skillfully offer constructive feedback to facilitate change
- The ability to be flexible, open and willing to implement new ideas in the classroom
- The ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities, projects and tasks
- The ability to work and contribute to a team
- The ability to seek resources and solutions to effectively solve problems
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related field required
- Master’s degree preferred
- Valid Texas teaching certificate required
- Highly Qualified by NCLB definition
- Boast an unfailing sense of humor
- Love deep content
- Be determine to reflect and improve instructional practice
- Appreciate different learning styles
- Thrive in a diverse, intellectually challenging, startup environment
- Charter School experience
- High level oral and written communication skills, including public speaking and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse staff.
COMPENSATION AND DEVELOPMENT
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Benefits
- TRS Benefits
- Performance Bonuses
- Annual evaluations of performance are performed by Director of Education.
This job description has been reviewed with me and I fully understand the requirements. I am able to perform the essential functions of this job.
Employee’s Signature: Date: _________________
Supervisor/Witness: Date: _________________
Manara Academy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Manara Academy complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.